Haryana Staff Selection Commission (earlier Subordinate Services Selection Board) is constituted as per the proviso of Article 309 of constitution of India, vide Haryana Government Notification No.523-3GS-70/2068, dated 28.01.1970. Through it was granted statutory status of Haryana Staff Selection Commission vide Haryana Govt. Gazette Notification dated 28.02.2005.
The Commission conducts examinations/interviews for appointments to Group ‘C’ services and may be called up on to conduct examination/interview for appointment to Group ‘B’ and ‘D’ services if required by the state Government.
It consists of seven Members including Chairman appointed by the Haryana Govt. on the recommendation of the collegiums consisting of a Minister of Cabinet Rank, Chief Secretary to Govt. Haryana, Legal Remembrance and Secretary to Govt. Haryana, Law and Legislative Department. The Chairman/Member shall cease to be a Chairman or Member of the Commission on attaining the age of 68 & 65 years respectively.
Haryana JE Syllabus 2017-18 Civil Engineering
- Building Materials.
- Transportation Engineering.
- Concrete Technology.
- Estimating, Costing, and Valuation.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Structural Engineering.
- Soil Mechanics.
- Irrigation Engineering.
- RCC design
- Theory of structures.
- Steel Design etc.
Haryana JE Syllabus 2017-18 Mechanical Engg.
Section I: Applied Mechanics and Design
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanics of Materials
- Theory of Machines
- Machine Design
Section II: Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences
- Fluid Mechanics
- Power Engineering
- I.C. Engines
- Refrigeration and air-conditioning
Section III: Materials, Manufacturing, and Industrial Engineering
- Engineering Materials
- Casting, Forming and Joining Processes
- Machining and Machine Tool Operations
- Metrology and Inspection
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Production Planning and Control
- Inventory Control
- Operations Research
Haryana JE Syllabus 2017-18 Electrical Engg.
- Electronics Devices.
- Electromagnetic Theory.
- Control Systems.
- Analog and Digital Electronics.
- Power System Protection.
- Network Analysis.
- Electrical Instrumentation.
- Utilization of Electrical Energy.
- Electrical Machines.
- Power Systems.
- Power Electronics & Drives
- Switch Gear and Protection
- Power System Analysis & Control etc.
Syllabus General Studies and General Abilities
- Current Affairs – Regional, National & International.
- Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
- Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc.and inclusive policies.
- General Science; India’s Achievements in Science and Technology
- Environmental Issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies and Sustainable Development.
- Economic and Social Development of India and Haryana
- Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Haryana
- Moral Values and Professional Ethics in Education.
- Analytical Abilities: Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation.
- Basic English
Syllabus for General Abilities :
- Number Series.
- Clocks & Calendars.
- Decision Making.
- Blood Relations.
- Number Ranking.
- Syllogistic Reasoning.
- Problem Solving.
- Non-Verbal Series.
- Cubes and Dice
- Visual Memory.
- Embedded Figures
- Alphabet Series.
- Mirror Images.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Arrangements etc.
- School Level English Grammar:
Articles, Tense, Noun & Pronouns, Adjectives, Adverbs, Verbs,
Modals, Subject-Verb Agreement, Non-Finite, Reported Speech,
Degrees of Comparison, Active and Passive Voice, Prepositions,
Synonyms and Antonyms, Phrasal Verbs, Related Pair of Words,
Idioms and Phrases, Proverbs.
Use of Words, Choosing Appropriate Words and Words often
Confused, Sentence Arrangement, Completion, Fillers and
Improvement, Transformation of Sentences, Comprehension,
Punctuation, Spelling Test, Spotting of Errors.
- Time and distance.
- Square roots.
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Profit & Loss.
- Mixture and Allegation
- Trigonometric ratio.
- Circle and its chords.
- Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Time & work.
- Regular Polygons.
- Standard Identities etc.
Haryana JE Exam Pattern :
- Written Examination (Objective Type)
- Paper – I : General Studies and General Abilities 150 Questions , each question carry same marks So 150 Marks and time duration is 150 Seconds
- Paper-II :consist of Civil Engineering (Degree Level) /Electrical Engg.,(Degree Level) 150 Questions , each question carry same marks So 150 Marks and time duration is 150 Seconds
- Total 300 Marks for 2 papers
- Interview for 50 Marks.
| Posts|| No of Posts|| Age Limit|
| Junior Engineering (Civil)|| 360|| 17 yrs to 45 yrs ( The applicant should born on or before 30.06.2000 and after 01.07.1972)|
| Junior Engineering (Mechanical)|| 28|| 17 yrs to 45 yrs ( The applicant should born on or before 30.06.2000 and after 01.07.1972)|
| Junior Engineering (Electrical)|| 12|| 17 yrs to 45 yrs ( The applicant should born on or before 30.06.2000 and after 01.07.1972)|
The program of guidance services shall include such services and activities as:
- Orientation of parents and students to the coaching program;
- Student referral and/or welfare provisions;
- Collection and maintenance of student data and records systems;
- Student program planning and placement;
- Educational and occupational information for use by students, parents, and teachers; and
- Scheduling student courses and resolving conflicts.
The classroom teacher, because of close contacts with the student, shall be a key person in the guidance program.
The junior and senior high school guidance departments shall provide leadership to teachers in the guidance area and help them in the selection of guidance tools and materials and in the administration and interpretation of individual or group tests.
error: Content is protected !!