Exam Pattern BSNL JE 2017 :
|Paper||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration||Negative Marks|
|Part-I||General Ability Test||20||20 Marks||3 Hours|
(10 AM- 1 PM)
|0.25 per incorrect answer|
|Part-II||Basic Engineering||90||90 Marks|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks|
BSNL JE-TOPPERS’ TIPS FOR SPECIALIZATION PART
- In the Specialization part, questions are generally covered from the following subjects:
|Important Subjects for Specialization|
|Network, Filters and Transmission Lines|
|Instruments and Measurements|
- Scoring in the Specialization paper is easy if you prepare really well.
- You must try to prepare at least 5 subjects thoroughly in order to score high in this paper.
- You must clear your concepts thoroughly since all the subjects are purely concept based.
- Prepare the subjects such as Communications and Control Systems, Computer, Microprocessor and Networks, Filters and Transmission Lines thoroughly since they carry the highest weight age in the exam.
- You must dedicate at least 2-3 Months for the preparation of the exam.
- Previous year paper analysis suggests that more than 60 Questions are framed from topics such as Computer, Microprocessor, and Control systems.
A list of subject-wise important topics have been listed in the table below:
|Electrical||Star Delta connections|
|Refrigeration & air-conditioning|
|DC Generators and Motors|
|Transformer, rectifiers, and inverters|
|Communication||Modulation and demodulation|
|Digital Modulation Techniques|
|Network, Filters and Transmission Lines||Transmission Lines|
|Two port network|
|Instruments and Measurements||Power control devices & circuits|
|All types of measuring devices|
|Number Systems, OSI model, TCP/IP|
|Elements of a high-level programming language|
|Fundamentals of computerArchitecture|
|Functions of data link layer and network layer|
|Control Systems||Concept of feedback Block diagram of control system|
|Transfer function of simple control components|
|Root locus techniques|
|Microprocessors||Memories and I/O Interfacing|
|Data transfer techniques|
|General English||General Knowledge|| Current Affairs|
|Active and Passive Voice||Geography of India||Persons in News|
|Direct & Indirect Speech||History of India||International Organisations|
|Synonyms/Antonyms||Indian Polity||Awards ad Honours|
|Comprehension Ability||Indian Economy||Books and Authors|
|Sentence Completion||General Science||Science & Technology|
|Idioms and Phrases||Environmental Science||Defence & Security|
|One Word Substitution||General Physics||Economic Affairs|
|Sentence Improvement||General Chemistry||National News|
|Spotting Error||Life Science||International News|